Basic Epidemology for Industrial Hygienists
BASIC level course for early career professionals
ENROLL AT https://aiph-dohs.ellc.learn.army.mil
|Course Title||Core Competency||Enabling Learning Objectives|
|Basic Epidemiology for Industrial Hygienists||Biostatistics & Epidemiology (CT12)||Upon completion of this program, the participant will be able to:|
1. Define epidemiology terms;
2. Discuss the role and application of occupational epidemiology;
3. Describe the five measures of occurrence;
4. Discuss the main types of study designs used in occupational epidemiology;
5. Discuss measures of association;
6. Describe the validity and reliability of diagnostic and screening tests.
|Course Length||Terminal Learning Objectives (TLOs) for Competency||TLOs addressed this class|
|This is a BASIC level course.||1.5 hrs||1. Apply knowledge of epidemiology principles to study the frequency and distribution of occupationally induced diseases and physiological conditions and factors in workplaces.|
2. Interpret and evaluate studies using data and data distribution and statistical and non-statistical data analysis techniques.
|1. Apply knowledge of epidemiology principles to study the frequency and distribution of occupationally induced diseases and physiological conditions and factors in workplaces.|
This online module is provided using Blackboard and is designed to provide participants with an introduction to epidemiology and describe how IH data supports occupational epidemiology. This module is designed for industrial hygiene, occupational health and safety professionals.
||enroll in session
If no classes are available or fit your schedule... You can help us by letting us know you are interested in this course. Use the link below to provide us with the necessary information.
Email Question to Course Director