Health System that maximizes health promotion and wellness services' impact on global Force fitness.
The mission of Health Promotion and Wellness is to advocate for global force fitness through strategically developing, integrating, standardizing and evaluating health promotion and wellness services within the Army public health system.
Collaboration and integration at the local, DA, and DOD levels to standardize health promotion and public health efforts into the total Army by:
- Army Wellness Center standardization
- Army Health Promotion Officer management
- Comprehensive program evaluations & feasibility assessments
- Qualitative and quantitative data consultation/analysis
- Integrated Health Education Information/Resources
SME to support the Army Resiliency Directorate for the Ready and Resilient Campaign, National Prevention Strategy; Healthy Base Initiative; AMEDD 2020; TSG's Performance Triad; and Installation HPW Efforts.
HOW WE DO THIS
- Develop and disseminate standardized, evidence-based health promotion and wellness programs and tools.
- Develop key, science-based metrics to measure program impact and effectiveness.
- Use program evaluation methods to determine efficient and effective health promotion techniques and systems.
- Advocate for health promotion policy implementation and policy change.
- Develop partnerships and collaborations with other military and civilian organizations.
- Provide subject matter expert consultation, information sharing, and webinars for health professionals and military leaders.
HPW SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTISE
|Alcohol and Substance Abuse||Nutrition|
|Army Wellness Centers||Performance TRIAD|
|Army Pregnancy/Postpartum Physical Training Program||Physical Fitness|
|Clinical Preventive Services||Program Evaluation|
|Combat/Operational Stress Control||Public Health|
|Community Health Promotion Councils||Ready and Resilient Campaign|
|Community Nutrition||Reserve Component Issues|
|Community Needs Assessment||Sexual Responsibility|
|Community Resource Guides||Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)|
|Dietary Supplements||Spiritual Health|
|Dental Readiness/Oral Health||Suicide Prevention|
|Health Promotion Webinar Series: Charting the Course to a Healthier Force||Stress Management|
|Health Status/Health Effects Measurement||Tobacco Cessation|
|Health-related Outcomes Research||Weight Management|
|Healthy Base Initiative||Worksite Wellness/Civilian Fitness|